When I was a child in the 1950's we drank gallons and gallons of Kool-Aid, ate lots of jello and dined on TV dinners. It was the dawning of the age of "artificial". The 70's came along with my three daughters who were fed homemade baby food, cookies made with very little sugar and unsweetened fruit juice with no artificial colors or flavors. As they grew older and began to go to friends houses they experienced the joy of candy, soda and fully loaded cookies. 100% natural mother was busted. Now that two of my daughters are married with children of their own their kitchens are filled with "organic" snacks and treats. I'm glad to see them restricting artificial flavors, colors and sugar, but I must admit sometimes I quietly hum:Kool-Aid Kool-Aid, tastes great
Wish we had some, can't wait

2 comments:
Oh, yeah! Gourmet kool-aid at our house had the juice of several oranges added. My mom even ordered the metal pitcher that you had to save umpty dozen empty packs to get.
Gee Whiz, I don't remember that our kool-aid was gourmet but I do remember colored metal glasses and pitcher.
Post a Comment